Thursday, April 22, 2010

it starts tomorrow

if you are reading this, then you are one of the few crazy people that still check this blog. good for you, way to stick in there

well, since this is just you and me right now, i'm going to call you "Pat" (due to the fact that Pat can be a girls or guys name)

ok Pat, here's the deal. i'm going to write a book and i start tomorrow. this book, i believe, will be somewhat controversial in the topic and i'm trying to figure out how to word it properly. but the gist of the book will be this: my journey of taking my faith to the next level. obviously this is not the controversial part. the deal is, is that i am going to invest way more time into listening to God and following him daily and sacrificing more of who i am to his kingdom and i will do this for one year. by fasting regularly, tithing above and beyond, committing to a sabbath, reading the word daily and praying throughout the day, and not being selfish with my time, i plan on taking a step of faith in this. if by the end of this year i don't see God moving in my life or see satan trying to stop me from growing in my faith, then i will walk away from christianity and pursue another religion

now i know this sounds like i'm testing God and that you shouldn't test the Lord our savior

Deuteronomy 6:16 "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test"

but this isn't quite me testing God, this is more along the lines of showing people that when you put your faith in him, you will see God in your life

romans 1:17 "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."

so if through faith God is revealed, then when i pursue him in faith he will validate my faith in Him. people often pursue God originally with doubt in their heart and thats what i want to address with this book. if you pursue and search for God in faith, then you will find him.

i know with my entire being that God will show up in my life as i'm writing this book, he will show up in huge ways. i am at a state of my faith where i feel so many christians are and have settled in. this type of faith grows stale and becomes moldy with the belief that this is what we are called to do and that we have fulfilled it. i know that i am not at the end of my journey, i know that i have not hit any sort of wall or road block, it's simply my own person lacking faith of taking the next step

i want to take this next step and invite people to walk these steps with me. as i try different ways of growing in my faith, i will write and journal what happens, then publish these writings. the next year of my life i will do this and by doing so, show all those with luke-warm faith that God is waiting for a leap of faith, not a baby step. we've grown beyond baby steps, it's time to jump from the ledge of self-satisfying mediocrity and fall into the hands of the creator of all that is and is to come

i want to visit temples, synagogues, teachers of other faiths, and listen to their ideas and see if God has anything to teach me from them. this will be my 24th year of living, but my first year of the next step of my faith.

this is my commitment to giving hope to everyone who is where i am spiritually.


pray for me because this will not be easy by any means, but i'm ready for a faith that isn't easy

1 comment:

Allison said...

I read this.
I'm praying.
I like you.